Monday, May 2, 2016

The Baby News

The dreaded baby news. All around us, everyone seems to be getting pregnant and the only reason it is noticed more than it should be, is because we are constantly hoping and praying that one day it will be us sharing the news. I know I have had friends and family have anxiety of telling me they are expecting, but you have to understand. Our infertility is not your fault. We WANT to know you're expecting and be happy with you. I will be honest and say, yes in the back of my mind and heart I am jealous. I am saddened about my situation but it does not reflect anything on a friend sharing their wonderful and exciting news. When your baby is born, I would be one of the first in line to hold him or her and that in itself is a great feeling. :)


When a person does hold back telling us their news out of fear, it actually hurts a little bit more because it makes us feel left out. Part of our own club of "Hey you can't get pregnant" and nobody wants to tell you their news. I know it is done out of protection but makes me personally feel that much more inferior to conceiving. And the friends that know me, know that I will put a smile on my face and celebrate with you! It's a blessing for all around. Don't feel bad that you are blessed with a child. We sure don't feel bad you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment