Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Parents Around Me..


First, I will say this is not an entry to piss people off. Just how I am feeling about some things. I have found that I am a lot more sensitive to the parents that have children and take it for granted. I get so frustrated in situations that I would give anything to spend the weekends with my child/children than be at the bar all the time or out with friends a lot. I wish I had that home life to keep me at home instead of out doing the night life. Or those parents that pawn their children off on others. I know I sound rude to some but you have a gift. A child that loves you. I know that you’re personal life doesn’t completely end but there are LIMITS. Yes, getting away here and there is definitely understandable. Not every day or every full weekend away to party in my personal opinion. (and yes it is just my opinion) Why would you not want to spend quality time with your children? If I could have that luxury, man oh man. I know it may seem I only state these facts because of the infertility aspect of my life, but that will also make me cherish having a child that much more if it is in the books for us.

Now, there are situations that are unknown and to why these things happen. It isn’t my business and at the same time it is so hard not to wonder what would make you part with your child so often. I know some that do CHOOSE to be away at their own accord for reasons that are not valid. They do not stay young forever. They grow and you miss the important things in their lives unfortunately. And this could be if you’re a parent home all the time even. It happens. I just know I will do my best to try to be a parent that chooses them over my own needs. Not leave them behind because I feel like other non-important things are more important than them. I do apologize if anyone is offended by this post but again, my opinion is just that. An opinion. I am not saying a parent like this does not love their child, but sometimes quality time is all that a child is hoping for. Time slows for no one. Concerts, games, programs, graduation, and more do not repeat themselves.


In retrospect, you have those parents that absolutely amazing. That their lives are on hold to provide what their child/children needs. Or to make their life as enjoyable and full as possible. I look up to those parents that might be wearing three year old shoes compared to making sure their child has new shoes each school year and more. All parents are different, I just wish more would open their eyes to the gift they have right in front of them. Your parenting techniques or how you treat your child may end up being carried into their own adulthood or parenting life. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment