Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Blood



I had a blood draw done last week. It was day 21 of my cycle so that means time to find out if I ovulated. Getting my blood drawn has never bothered me but this test right now just makes me anxious about what the results will be. It takes a day or two to get the phone call. In this case, it took one day. I actually was at Relay for Life when I missed the call and gave them a call back. Ironically, I was standing on the track watching my husband play football with our five year old nephew. Teaching him to catch the ball and try to throw. It makes me know how great of a father he would be. With that being said, I was nervous as hell. What if they told me I did not ovulate? Would I be able to keep my composure?

Considering how fast my heart was beating, I am guessing not. Once the nurse came on the line, she said ok so it does appear…… you show signs of ovulation! I could not be more relieved at the moment since I was standing at a very public place with lots of people around as well as it was GOOD NEWS! I told the nurse more than once thank you so much for calling and that I was happy to hear this. Of course she informs me that if I did not start my period in the next two weeks, take a test. (I never get my hopes up anymore but do you blame me?) Granted, I will be going through blood draws for the next 4-6 months with the clomid treatment, but this one month I know I did ovulate.

Now, just a side note. When you take a blood test at 21 days, that means you ovulated somewhere between days 10 & 14 so that is the window to get pregnant. Women have a 20% chance to conceive in about a 48 hour window. How nerve racking! I can say that I rather know what the reason is behind our not conceiving instead of being in the dark. I have always thought if we knew, then there could be a way to fix it or know if it’s even possible. But lets deal with the situation at hand. SO, on to the next month of meds and blood! *Fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment