Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Journey So Far...Scares & All

As some of you know, this has been a bumpy ride thus far. We have had FIVE ultrasounds as of today and we are just over ten weeks pregnant. I have dealt with some scares with a SCH (Subchorionic Hematoma) that can cause miscarriage. It had started weeks ago and had mostly resolved itself. Then in that same week, my pants were saturated in blood. We ended up in the ER and then at the U the following Monday. Muscatine was not equipped to deal with the situation at hand. We did the ultrasound at the U and my RE doc basically said the truth. He said that we are either going to miscarry or this will resolve. I was at the point of accepting the news and also praying for the better outcome. Nothing scarier than your pants being soaked in bright red blood so hearing this prognosis, I was ready. After the appointment, I promised myself to take it easy and not over do anything to hopefully help my body heal.

Now, skipping forward to today. I hadn't had any gushing since that weekend which was a week and a half ago but doesn't mean I wasn't nervous as hell. I actually finally had an external ultrasound! The Ultrasound Tech asked if I was going for a record of most ultrasounds in only ten weeks. All I could think is, I would trade them for a healthy pregnancy in a heartbeat. Speaking of heartbeats, we heard the heartbeat for the first time today. And omg... Something I will never forget. The baby moving its small little arms and legs along with that strong heartbeat. I am instantly in love. I was very happy my Mother-In-Law was there to experience this as well with us. Along with hearing the heartbeat, NO MORE HEMATOMA! I am hoping it stays that way. The RE doc said that he hopes not to see me again this pregnancy :) I feel so relieved but I am so scared to feel relieved then something happen again. I am guessing that is a normal feeling in pregnancy definitely with all of our issues and infertility. I do feel like now I can start looking to the future and get excited to find out the gender. Decide on names, colors, decorations, baby shower, and diaper party! As always, thank you to all who have kept us in your thoughts, prayers, positive vibes, and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment