Thursday, May 4, 2017

Unexpected University Visit

Well, things have taken another twist for baby girl, Robert and I. The past week or so have been pretty stressful outside of the pregnancy so when I started bleeding yesterday I thought nothing of it as it's happened so many other times. It had been a while though and I hadn't had a normal reason behind it. I called up and beings I'm in the middle of the second trimester, they wanted to do an ultrasound.  Robert dropped me off at the door and went to park. They called me back before he got upstairs which usually the ultrasound is nice and quick. This time she couldn't see my cervix well enough so she did a transvaginal. They were very quiet and pushing on my belly. All of a sudden she asks if I can stay put because she needed to grab the what i we found out was a high risk doctor. Heart starts racing and all I wish is I could reach my phone to get Robert. I knew something must be wrong. She came back in and explained that my cervix had shortened significantly. Explained the risks and the procedures and prevention, etc. It took all I could to not start crying for Robert. They let me get dressed and I went to the waiting room and started crying. Explained to Robert the situation at hand.

We waited for about 35 mins to see the OB.  Long wait. Let me tell ya... this was not our normal OB. What she explained was so difficult to hear. My cervix has shortened from 37mm to 14mm within a ten day period. I am only 21 weeks. I need to try to make it to 28 weeks but of course a lot further. I asked what could have caused this and the hematoma could be to blame but also just the luck of the draw. I'm at risk for preterm labor.  Everything was just a blur and overwhelming. I have to do  progesterone suppositories until she either comes or 38 weeks and of course minimal stress and activities need to be mild. At 23 weeks we will do steriod shots for her lungs to develop quicker. I can say I know it will be ok but I won't. I'm very scared. Emotional. I can feel so much pressure on my cervix but she also is head down. I have to go back in 2 weeks to see if it has shortened any more. I WILL say that we are at the right hospital if she were to come early. Prayers are appreciated and just positive vibes. Can't seem to catch a break huh? My thought is took us over 3 years to get here, why get any easier? She is a miracle either way. Isn't she just beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment