Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Clothes

So, this past Sunday was my niece's 6th birthday party. I thought what better gift to get her than a pretty dress because this girl thinks shes a princess. :) We had already ran some errands and our last two stops was to get her a dress at Younkers and then stop and pick her cake up from Hy-vee. All this for my niece. I couldn't help but dream that it was for my little one!

Anyways, we are walking around Younkers and pass the itty bitty baby clothes. I grabbed one and just held it looking at it. I told Robert ohh I want a baby of my own soooo bad. I started to look through the baby clothes just thinking one day it will be for real. We finally make it to the dresses and go ahead and find a dress I know Loralyn will absolutely love. What princess doesn't love dresses! We make our way to the store for her cake. I just look at it and smile. Of course she picked frozen.

Unfortunately, her parents were going to be late to the party for an unforeseen situation. That means we are in charge. So, Grandma decides we are going to give her the presents EARLY! Man was she estatic. I couldn't wait to see her face when she opened up that dress. She loved it so much. The feel, the look, and the fact that she could put it on RIGHT NOW.

So to the point of this, I loved being able to help out with the party in a way that I know would be like throwing a party for my own child. I loved her face when she opened that dress. I loved the fact we helped make her birthday special even if things had come up. I loved looking at the baby clothes. I do have to ask though.... What if I bought a cute little baby outfit without even being pregnant? Does that show hope? Does it lead to disappointment? Or does it mean that I know in my heart one way or another, I will have a child? Maybe in the end, I can put that little outfit on my own baby and be so happy that I had bought it either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment